“The Vermont FCU Board’s Orwellian Attack on Credit Union History”
Eric Davis discusses his impressions of the Credit Union National Association Governmental Affairs Conference:
Spring is a time of many wonders, but for Vermont co-operators it means one thing: credit union annual meetings! That’s right, it’s time again to practice democracy at our cooperative financial institutions. If you want to make sure your values are reflected by the institution that controls your life savings, check below for the date of your Vermont credit union’s annual meeting!
- Granite Hills Credit Union: Monday, March 11th at 5pm at the Knights of Columbus on Pine Hill Road in Barre. There will be a short presentation, prizes and giveaways. The meeting will feature a spaghetti and meatballs dinner with salad, rolls, coffee/tea and dessert.
• Member (Adult or Child member) — $6.50.
• Non-member child 6 years of age or younger — $6.50
• Non-member over 6 years of age — $7.50.
RSVP for dinner by March 8th; Doors open at 4:45 pm; business meeting begins at 5:30 pm.
- New England Federal Credit Union: Wednesday, March 27th at 5:30 pm at the Credit Union’s headquarters at 141 Harvest Lane in Williston. Guest speaker, Eric Hanson of Hanson & Doremus Investment Management, will discuss “The US and Global Economy.”
- Vermont Federal Credit Union: Thursday, April 11th at the Sheraton in South Burlington. Doors at 5pm, dinner at 6:15 (RSVP deadline of March 29th), meeting at 7:15.
- VSECU: March 13th at the Capital Plaza in Montpelier. H’ors d’oeuvres at 5:30, followed by a free estate planning seminar and the annual meeting.
P.S. Annual meeting dates were nowhere to be found on many CU websites. If you’d like your Annual Meeting to be added to the list, please send the info to our Facebook page.